The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jordan Last dance and my own life

Go down

Michael Jordan Last dance and my own life Empty Michael Jordan Last dance and my own life

Post by redpill Fri May 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Fri May 22, 2020

right now there is a series from ESPN called Michael Jordan last dance.

now I've not actually watched it, but growing up I was a fan of MJ.

I actually grew up in a suburb of Chicago, not the city itself

I was born early enough to watch his seasons, but still a young child.

it might surprise some people here, but some of my classmates and peers did not actually like MJ.

they told me he was arrogant, conceited, a ball hog. he only scores well because he doesn't share the ball.

they told me he punched his team mates and had a gambling problem, which i know is true.

When they told me this i was like really?

I heard conflicting things, everyone says MJ is awesome but some of my classmates were contrarian.

I prefer playing tennis but watching MJ play and do what he does was spectacular.

Fri May 22, 2020

i now know you only live life once. you only have 1 childhood. in all of sports, there is 1 generational icon, in baseball it was babe ruth and in basketball it's michael jordan, in hockey wayne gretsky.

my classmates same age as me who hated on MJ and the chicago bulls, well too bad for them.

i now know there will never be another MJ, it is a once in a lifetime achievement, and fans born too late, such as after 1998 or too early and died before 1984, or in other cities or in other nations like Australia, will never know what it is like to see the greatest of all time play a game as me and my peers did during the 80s and 90s in Chicago.

and all the drama and talk from Scottie Pippen to Dennis Rodman to Phil Jackson and his conflict with Jerry Krause.

for me sports is about specular atheletic and sporting achievement and MJ delivered.

I guess I kinda wish he didn't retire in 94-95 and won those 2 championships against Houston, and again in 99 against Spurs.

for a grand total of 9 NBA Chicago Bulls championships instead of 6.

there will never be another Michael Jordan, and for my classmates who hated him, well that's their loss. i know now for sports fan, for a sports hero to win a championship in your city, from Michael Jordan winning 6 for Chicago to Lebron winning 1 for Cleveland, is a truly magical memory.

I agree with them that yeah MJ was arrogant, conceited, a ball hog. but he also delivered the Championship to Chicago 6 times, and that only us Gen-Xer's living in Chicago were young enough to experience this in our home city

affraid

Back to top Go down