The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bear pulls woman out of her tent, kills her in Montana

Go down

Bear pulls woman out of her tent, kills her in Montana Empty Bear pulls woman out of her tent, kills her in Montana

Post by redpill Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:30 pm

Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:24 pm

in the news

Bear pulls woman out of her tent, kills her in Montana

ELENA Mont. (AP) — A grizzly bear pulled a woman from her tent in a small Montana town in the middle of the night and killed her before fellow campers could use bear spray to force the bruin out of the area, wildlife officials said Wednesday.

Leah Davis Lokan, 65, of Chico, California, was on a long-distance bicycling trip and had stopped in the western Montana town of Ovando when she was killed early Tuesday, said Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks officials as they provided more details about the attack.

Lokan was killed on the bear's second visit to the site where she and two fellow bicyclists were camping near the post office, officials said.

The approximately 400-pound (181 kilogram) grizzly first awakened the campers about 3 a.m., officials said. They took food out of their tents, secured it and went back to sleep, they said.

Surveillance video from a business in town showed the bear about a block from the post office about 15 minutes later, wildlife officials said.

About 4:15 a.m., the sheriff's office received a 911 call after two people in a tent near the victim’s were awakened by sounds of the attack, Powell County Sheriff Gavin Roselles said. They discharged their bear spray, and the bear ran away.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials-hunt-grizzly-killed-camper-145648207.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

this is why i've given up on my quest for bigfoot and more generally on camping with a tent. the anxiety i feel of either a bear or a human serial killer makes it hard for me to fall asleep unless there's a large group.

i knew of cases such as the girl scout murders in oklahoma, and a lesbian couple murder in vermont who were sleeping in tents. so i'm leery about being in the woods by myself, or even just 1 other person.

i also lock my windows at my home at night even though the air is sometimes cool and would save me a lot in a/c electricity bill, that a robber would enter though the window makes it difficult for me to fall asleep.

No

Back to top Go down