The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier

Go down

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  Empty teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier

Post by redpill Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:22 pm

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:18 pm

for background,

“I am writing to you on behalf of parents who have lost their kids at college to the transgender craze,” one mother, Katherine Cave, recently told The College Fix.

“Many liberal colleges have significant percentages of students suddenly identifying as transgender. And as you may know, all it takes is a simple visit to an informed consent clinic where girls get testosterone injections to help them look like males.”

Cave is among a support-group of mothers who have found each other through the website 4thWaveNow, a left-of-center online community concerned about rapid-onset gender dysphoria and related issues.

ref https://www.thecollegefix.com/mothers-in-shock-as-daughters-come-home-from-college-with-mustaches-breasts-removed/

There’s a sudden surge of trans students coming out at my college … and I’m scared to talk about it
Posted on October 2, 2018

by Emily Williams

Emily is a 20-year old college junior at a selective liberal arts university in the US. She is using a pseudonym for obvious reasons. All respectful commenters welcome, as always, but if you’re also a college/university student, we’d especially like to hear from you

It seemed that most of the students who were suddenly transitioning were biological females who were smart but socially awkward. They revealed their identities as trans men, usually through a haircut and new wardrobe, followed by a Facebook post alerting associates to a name and pronoun change. They would soon take to social media, student forums, and classroom discussions to rant about “cis privilege,” how oppressed they are because they get stared at by strangers, how they want to assault people who misgender them, and how in love with their “queer” identities they are.

What has been even more upsetting is to see is how quickly these new identities are accompanied by medical changes. I know several young women who were able to easily access testosterone soon after deciding they were trans. I know four who have had mastectomies. One is currently raising funds for her breast removal as part of  a GoFundMe campaign.

At the present time, I now know about 30 trans people personally, and another 20 by name. Given that I attend such a small school, this is a very high percentage. Even the RA of my freshman year floor, who introduced herself two years ago with she/her pronouns, now goes by he/him and identifies as a boy.

This issue became personal when my childhood friend announced she is transgender, We played with Barbies and dressed as Disney princesses when we were young. We talked about our crushes on boys, and experimented with makeup and fashion when we were teens. I can’t believe that she really thinks she is a man. She plans to medically transition. I am scared for her.  But I am afraid to say anything.

ref https://4thwavenow.com/2018/10/02/theres-a-sudden-surge-of-trans-students-coming-out-at-my-college-and-im-scared-to-talk-about-it/

Girls who would be boys: The rise in teen gender dysphoria

There was a feeling, not very long ago, that debating "trans issues" was sort of a niche occupation. Something remote from everyday lives. Well, if that was ever true, it isn't now.

Historically, there has been a distinct pattern in those presenting with gender dysphoria. They were predominantly pre-school aged boys, and they had usually begun signalling their gender confusion from very young - choosing female roles in games, showing dissatisfaction with their own bodies. And they were rare - around 0.005-0.014pc of the population - ie, fewer than 1 in 10,000 people, for natal males, and much lower again, 0.002-0.003pc, for natal females.

This changed about 10 years ago and, currently, around 2pc of high schoolers in the US identify as transgender, an increase of about 1,000pc. The UK has seen an increase of 4,000pc, and three-quarters are now girls.

There has also been a change in the process of how these girls arrive at their sense of identification. Often this has been sudden, without the early signals, and appears in clusters rather than as singular cases. These girls are predominantly white, and middle class. A majority have one or more psychiatric diagnosis, around a third are autistic and almost half have engaged in self-harm prior to the onset of the gender dysphoria. Often, now, identifying as trans occurs before these girls have had any significant sexual experience. These teens - the average age is 12 to 15 - report feeling distressed and isolated

ref https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/girls-who-would-be-boys-the-rise-in-teen-gender-dysphoria-39975855.html

here are some stories of

white female to male transgender stories

She went from hating white males to now wanting to become one’

A reader contacted me under a pseudonym a few months ago. She turned out to be a prominent Southern lawyer with a problem she hoped I’d write about. Her college-age daughter had always been a “girly girl” and intellectually precocious, but had struggled with anxiety and depression. She liked boys and had boyfriends in high school, but also faced social challenges and often found herself on the outs with cliques.

“The young woman went off to college—which began, as it often does these days, with an invitation to state her name, sexual orientation and ‘pronouns.’ When her anxiety flared during her first semester, she and several of her friends decided their angst had a fashionable cause: ‘gender dysphoria.’ Within a year, the lawyer’s daughter had begun a course of testosterone. Her real drug—the one that hooked her—was the promise of a new identity. A shaved head, boys’ clothes and a new name formed the baptismal waters of a female-to-male rebirth.”

Pam’s story

Our daughter went off to the college of her dreams. She seemed to do well her first year away. During her second year at college, she experienced a mental health breakdown. We received sketchy details of her struggles from her and a couple of her friends. There was no outreach from her college—due to privacy concerns.

Following much pleading on our part, she came home for a visit. We were met with a very different visage upon picking her up at the airport. Her face was covered in acne, she sprouted an obvious mustache, her entire appearance was disheveled.

After allowing her to settle in at home, we expressed concern about her appearance and demeanor. This was met with hostility. Her voice was somewhat deeper, I might note here. She seemed very disturbed—not at all her old self.

What was she like before this? No, not a tomboy as a child. She was an ambitious student, an animal lover, she loved to spend time in the kitchen baking. As for gender, she was typical (whatever that means). For her high school prom, she had her hair and makeup professionally styled. She wore an elegant gown which revealed ample cleavage. As for her friend group in high school, she aligned herself with social activists.

While our daughter was visiting, we asked her what was wrong. I inquired about the acne and mustache—that is not natural, I said. She insisted that she had always had a mustache. Not true.

Before we knew what had hit us, she returned to her college. We discovered that she had obtained testosterone in the student clinic. And, she refused all contact with her family.

Her college was complicit in all of this.

Emma’s story

Our daughter, who is 19, went off the college last year. Over the next few months, her look began to change toward more masculine, and we made a guess she may be experimenting with sexuality. Little did we know, there was a much bigger bomb she was about to drop. It turned out that during her freshman year, she “socially transitioned’ (going by a boy name and “he” pronouns) and she announced she is ready to start counseling to get hormones followed by top surgery. We are working very hard to hold off the hormones, putting tuition on the line.

Our daughter fits the typical description of a young woman affected by this craze. Very bright, extreme social justice warrior, highly creative, socially awkward/ADHD/Asperger spectrum, OCD/obsessive interests. Never fit in with peers, preferred company of other non-neuro-typical girls and boys, whom she found a lot easier to get along with. While she was not a super girly-girl, she had never any masculine interests (not one) and has all the stereotypical feminine interests and traits (cooking, knitting, babysitting little kids, etc). She went from being a feminist / pro women’s rights to hating white males to now wanting to become one and wanting to chemically and surgically mutilate her body.

'She went from ... hating white males to now wanting to become one and wanting to chemically and surgically mutilate her body.'

And the professionals have no advice other than to support her in making her transition. And of course this is insanity. It makes no sense-other than it started after a close friend transitioned at the end of high school, and she entered college and began to hang out in the dedicated “queer dorm.”

Dorothy’s story

My daughter had met a transperson (female to male, one year younger) online when she was about 14 on the social media site DevientArt. By 16, my daughter declared that she was trans. I didn’t allow her to go on testosterone, change her name or have any surgeries. As soon as she turned 18, she officially changed her name and by the end of her first year in college she was able to get onto testosterone and have both of her healthy breasts removed. It’s very tragic. If she continues to take the testosterone, after some years her internal female organs will deteriorate to a point that they, too, will have to be surgically removed.

Kathy’s story

I have been asked to write and tell you a disturbing story about my own daughter at college. She left for college in the fall of 2016 as a National Merit Scholar, all AP classes, involved in countless activities including bands, orchestra, theater, dance, literary magazine editor, starting women’s studies club, part time job …. She honestly was on top of the world with so much potential. She also happened to be gender conforming. She had a significant merit scholarship at a well respected east coast university in a large city.

Sometime the second semester sophomore year things went horribly wrong. Perhaps there was some build up but since she went away to college we did not notice anything. She called us in a deep voice stating she was transgender and had changed her name. She was unable to even think clearly around this issue and was obviously horribly confused. Within a week she completely severed ties in an email to us. No one in her immediate or extended family can believe what has happened. Within a year she had a double mastectomy. Our family is absolutely devastated by all of this. I wish I could share details (what college in particular) but as you are aware we have to be careful. I also wish none of this were true.

ref https://www.thecollegefix.com/mothers-in-shock-as-daughters-come-home-from-college-with-mustaches-breasts-removed/

keep this in mind

It seemed that most of the students who were suddenly transitioning were biological females who were smart but socially awkward. They revealed their identities as trans men, usually through a haircut and new wardrobe, followed by a Facebook post alerting associates to a name and pronoun change.

and

Kathy’s story

I have been asked to write and tell you a disturbing story about my own daughter at college. She left for college in the fall of 2016 as a National Merit Scholar, all AP classes, involved in countless activities including bands, orchestra, theater, dance, literary magazine editor, starting women’s studies club, part time job …. She honestly was on top of the world with so much potential. She also happened to be gender conforming. She had a significant merit scholarship at a well respected east coast university in a large city.

what I find so fascinating as I am reading about this is this

this was (Makayla) Anne Kramer  
June 12, 2002 – September 7, 2021

who passed away  Sept. 7, 2021 in Laramie. no cause of death identified, at age 19

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  S_topt10

she looks like a typical all american girl.

these are her academic accomplishments

Mack attended schools in Rock Springs starting with kindergarten in Little Lambs, then attended Northpark, Sage, and Pilot Butte elementary schools. Mack attended Rock Springs Junior High and graduated in 2020 from Rock Springs High School, having been named the Senior Class Promotion Major. Mack was a member of the National Honor Society and received the University of Wyoming Trustees Scholarship. Most recently, Mack was in his sophomore year at the University of Wyoming, majoring in international studies and was a member of the UW Debate Team.

Mack enjoyed playing in Rock Springs High School concerts and jazz groups. Mack was selected to the All-State Band for all four years of high school, playing solo clarinet in the harmony band for second year and principal clarinet in the orchestra for his senior year at the All-State. Band Conference. Mack was also selected for leadership positions in the marching band during high school and the final year served as a drum major. Mack has always strived to perfect music and enjoyed attending summer orchestral camps. He has been selected to attend prestigious events including All Northwest Band and Western International Band Clinic. In addition to the clarinet, Mack enjoyed playing the saxophone in the Rock Springs High School Jazz Band.

Mack also enjoyed being on the Rock Springs High School Debate Team, serving as the Debate Team chair for the past year. Mack worked tirelessly on the debate and during his senior year was the state champion of the Lincoln-Douglas debate. Equally important, Mack enjoyed volunteering countless hours mentoring other debaters to improve their skills. Mack was a well-respected member of the high school debate community and it continued through college, where Mack was recently elected chair of the University of Wyoming debate team by his peers.

In addition to working on debates and playing musical instruments, Mack enjoyed listening to a variety of music including classical and jazz, attending symphonies and musicals, discussing current affairs and politics, passing by. time with friends and relax through meditation. Kelby and Mack had a special sibling relationship and the two shared many great memories and jokes growing up. Purrlioz has held a special place in Mack’s heart for the past three years as a beloved cat.

a different obituary

Mack attended schools in Rock Springs starting with preschool at Little Lambs and then attended Northpark, Sage, and Pilot Butte Elementary Schools. Mack attended Rock Springs Junior High and was a 2020 graduate of Rock Springs High School, being named Valedictorian of the senior class. Mack was a member of National Honor Society and received the University of Wyoming Trustees’ Scholarship. Most recently, Mack was a sophomore at the University of Wyoming, majoring in International Studies and was a member of the UW Debate Team.

Mack enjoyed playing in the Rock Springs High School concert and jazz bands. Mack was selected to All-State Band all four years of high school, playing principal clarinet in the concert band during sophomore year and principal clarinet in the orchestra during senior year at the All-State Band Conference. Mack was also selected to leadership positions in the marching band during high school and senior year served as a drum major

so she was a member of the National Honor Society  Rock Springs High School Debate Team, serving as the Debate Team chair   during his senior year was the state champion of the Lincoln-Douglas debate

https://www.sweetwaternow.com/mack-makayla-anne-kramer-june-12-2002-september-7-2021/

2020 graduate of Rock Springs High School, being named Valedictorian of the senior class.

pretty good academic records I think

comparable to this

It seemed that most of the students who were suddenly transitioning were biological females who were smart but socially awkward. They revealed their identities as trans men, usually through a haircut and new wardrobe, followed by a Facebook post alerting associates to a name and pronoun change.

and

Kathy’s story

well, Abigail Shrier

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  44535410

gives us this warning

She paints a picture of youth in crisis, looking for solutions to their feelings of anxiety, isolation and self-dislike. However, she is openly sceptical about what she describes as "the current trans epidemic plaguing teenage girls", saying this has little to do with the experiences of adults who transitioned in previous generations.

At the core of the debate is this: a growing number of teenage girls who are deeply unhappy, who do not wish to pursue the lives they see laid out for them, and who have chosen a radical refutation of that life, saying, "I am, at a fundamental level, someone else."

Shrier questions the reception these girls and young women get when they first apply the word "trans" to themselves. She points out that being trans has no scientific markers. It can't be measured or analysed. It depends on an individual's say-so, and can begin with statements such as: feeling different, not fitting in, feeling uncomfortable in your body.

ref https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/girls-who-would-be-boys-the-rise-in-teen-gender-dysphoria-39975855.html

with that in mind,

Mack (Makayla) Anne Kramer 19

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  S_topt10

became

Mack (Makayla) Anne Kramer 19 as a female to male transmale

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  Scree394

side by side

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  Mack9110

2020 graduate of Rock Springs High School, being named Valedictorian of the senior class.

this chart shows the sharp increase in teenage females wanting to change to male over the years, versus males to females

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  Aitken10

teenage white female to male transman stories and observations Abigail Shrier  Mack9110

so parents of teenage and college age daughters are sounding the alarms that their daughters, no matter how smart, or indeed being smart is a   risk factor, in to becoming a female to male transman

I suspect that girls like Mack (Makayla) Anne Kramer 19  had they been born 30 years ago, they'd except they are women and that's that.

while today, they have the option to transition to a male, and take advantage of that.

mother, Katherine Cave and 4thwave and Abigail Shrier are mothers who are fighting to keep their daughters female.

Shrier's final chapter contains a series of steps parents can take in order to try and enhance their daughters' well-being, and much of this consists in celebrating what it means to be female. She rightly makes the point that far too much of the discourse around being female is negative. Instead, here, alongside such fundamentals as - take away their smartphone, assert your authority as a parent - Shrier recommends talking about how wonderful it is to be a girl and celebrating all the glorious ways in which girls are different to boys.

these mothers say they can accept their daughter being a lesbian, but becoming a transman is something they feel is unacceptable and sad.

Sometime the second semester sophomore year things went horribly wrong. Perhaps there was some build up but since she went away to college we did not notice anything. She called us in a deep voice stating she was transgender and had changed her name. She was unable to even think clearly around this issue and was obviously horribly confused. Within a week she completely severed ties in an email to us. No one in her immediate or extended family can believe what has happened. Within a year she had a double mastectomy. Our family is absolutely devastated by all of this. I wish I could share details (what college in particular) but as you are aware we have to be careful. I also wish none of this were true

according to Abigail Shrier it is currently only 2% of girls who are transitioning in the current high school (2021) and college with 3/4 of them being female to male, and only 1/4 male to female.

2% okay, but if it gets much higher than that, then the world would be unbalanced in terms of males and females

I would not want to live in a world if most girls end up as transmen

so apparently female to male teenage girls transitioning was so rare as to not be in the literature prior to around 2011, and now it is about 2%. I hope that's about as high as it becomes. what would society be like if instead of 2% of females transition it becomes 20%, while outnumbering the males who transition to females.

pale

Back to top Go down