The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally Empty My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally

Post by redpill Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Emma Welch, 14,

Emma Welch underwent an apparently successful operation to correct a curvature of her spine just days after undertaking a charity walk up Mount Snowdon.

But the following night she suffered an internal bleed which triggered a fatal heart attack and she required emergency surgery.

Doctors battled through the night to try and replace the blood she was rapidly losing but she tragically died at 3.42am on June 4, 2016

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally 8840b110
My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally 59605010
My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally Fa5f7d10
My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally 3393d110
My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally _8346210
My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally _8346510
My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally _7131510
My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally 16762610

The inquest heard that the youngster had undergone a routine operation to correct her spine which had been painfully curved for four years.

It appeared to be a success at first but the following night she suffered the internal bleed which drained her heart and triggered a fatal heart attack.

Just four days before she died the kind-hearted youngster had defied her spinal problem and agonising pain to climb Snowdon on a charity walk.

Mr Harding, who rushed to the hospital to care for Emma after being woken up at 1am, also said that the way her aorta was supposedly punctured was "completely unheard of".

The most likely cause of death was a rod inserted during surgery being too close to the blood vessel or as the result of movement, a pathologist said.
The inquest heard that doctors around the world are currently researching how Emma, from Chilcompton, Somerset, could have suffered the post-op complication.

In an emotional statement read aloud in court, Emma's mother said her daughter was an "extraordinary girl" who had a "zest for life and making a difference".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/27/girl-14-died-at-bristol-childrens-hospital-after-overstretched-s/

surgery can kill u pale pale pale

'My best friend's death changed me and put trivial things in perspective'

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally 16762611

Victoria Roberts wrote:
The death of a young person is devastating by its very nature and is often sudden and unexpected. In the aftermath, support is understandably focused on parents and siblings. But a new charity campaign is aiming to highlight the effect of the death on their friends – the forgotten mourners, whose grief can be just as painful and intense.

Emma Welch, 14, died in 2015 following complications during surgery to correct a scoliosis (curvature) of her spine. Her best friend Victoria Roberts was at the same school, near Bath

Emma and I were best friends. We first met when we started secondary school and it was pretty much instant – we spent the whole time laughing. We went to each other’s houses after school, had sleepovers, went to the park, shopping – all the normal things. She was very bubbly, happy and funny. We were part of a bigger group, but the two of us were very tight.

When she died it was devastating. I was on the way to school on the bus, and Mum texted me to go to reception once I got there. She had jumped in the car to come and tell me before I got to my classroom. I didn’t believe her. It was something that just shouldn’t have happened.

I felt numb to begin with. It still doesn’t feel real. Everyone acts differently around you. Initially, people kept asking me if I was OK, and that made me cry a lot. People didn’t talk about Emma and if they mentioned her name they would look at me and stop in case they upset me.

To begin with it was hard to concentrate, especially at school, as we used to spend so much time together. The teachers said, ‘You can have as much time off as you want,’ but I just wanted to go to my lessons. I felt like, ‘This has happened and there’s nothing I can do about it. There’s no point crying about it; Emma wouldn’t have wanted me to.’
When Emma died it was devastating. It shouldn't have happened

If you don’t talk about it, it’s worse. Being around people and sharing memories with our friends helps. We laugh about things like the time she fell in a recycling box at school. When Emma went in for her operation I made her a book to cheer her up while she was in hospital – funny pictures, photos of the two of us with sugary faces after we had tried to eat doughnuts without licking our lips! Now I look at it to remember her and the good times. I still have all the silly videos we used to record on the laptop.

Emma was such a lovely, motivated person. She raised more than £13,000 for Brain Tumour Research after her church minister, a father with young children, was diagnosed with a brain tumour. And just a few days before she died she made an attempt to set a record for the number of teddy bears on a mountaintop. She climbed Mount Snowdon with a team of volunteers carrying 135 bears in rucksacks – including her fundraising mascot Daisy Bear (Emma’s middle name was Daisy) who even has her own Facebook page, which helps friends keep up to date with fundraising events in Emma’s memory. I’m trying to carry on her fundraising work as I feel that makes her life count – and makes me feel as though I am keeping her memory alive.

I’ve arranged a lot of things in Emma’s memory at school. For the first anniversary of her death, I organised a crocheted daisies Guinness World Record attempt. People around the world sent in crocheted daisies with lovely messages. We had more than 31,000 displayed at The Forum in Bath, with Emma’s name written in daisies in the middle.

Our friends have stayed in touch with Emma’s parents. Tony, Emma’s dad, has been on fundraising walks and her mum Lesley and my mum crochet together, making blankets, hats and cushion covers – normally involving a daisy or two – to sell for charity.

Milestones we expected to share are tough. For our school prom in June we decorated the railings with daisies and we took pink balloons that spelt out her name. It was a strange day as Emma and I always used to talk about what we would do at our prom.

Remembering those conversations made me smile, but inside my heart was breaking that my best friend was not by my side on our special day. There was a lot of cheering and clapping as we released the balloons and they floated away. Tears were shed and there were lots of hugs. I would like to think that Emma was watching and that I did her proud.

Being only 14, our favourite conversation topic was boys. We talked about getting married and having children who would grow up to be friends just like us. I am not sure what Emma would be doing today but I know we would be laughing through whatever life threw at us.

Her death has changed my outlook. I realise you only have one life so do things that make you happy. I don’t worry about things as much as I used to before she died. It puts the trivial things into perspective.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-5058129/Real-Lives-best-friend-s-death-changed-me.html

what i find amusing

Being only 14, our favourite conversation topic was boys. We talked about getting married and having children who would grow up to be friends just like us. I am not sure what Emma would be doing today but I know we would be laughing through whatever life threw at us.

so they're straight Laughing

yeah i dealt with death myself. and at the time i remember thinking everyone is going to die, to die without accepting jesus christ as your lord and savior is like driving a car without a seat belt. it's miracle based protection

also in the news, from down under

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally 96085d10

Pregnant woman dies of suspected snakebite in WA
A young pregnant woman has died after a suspected snake bite in regional WA.

The 27-year-old woman was bitten by a snake outside her home in Meekatharra, a remote town about 760km northwest of Perth.

She told family members she had been bitten before breaking into convulsions after 8.30pm last night.

She was rushed to hospital by St John Ambulance paramedics and went into cardiac arrest while there.

A Meekathara-based doctor from the Royal Flying Doctor's Service was called to attend about 10pm, but the woman died soon afterwards.
Medical staff were unable to save the victim's baby.

She was 31 weeks pregnant.
https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/02/06/13/55/pregnant-woman-dies-snakebite-wa

no pictures of the victim otherwise i'll consider including it in my thread.

but holy shit.

imagine i show an Aussie Dundee this American snake

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally Teeleg10

aussie says, that's not a snake

this is a snake

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally Oxyura10

the aussie snake the taipan is 100% fatal, if untreated, and is a medical emergency

in the immortal words of mace windu

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally 315e8c10

i've had it with these mother fucking snakes, on this mother fucking plane

australia looks awesome but wow, if i get bitten and die from a snake bite, i die far from home Suspect

Back to top Go down

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally Empty Re: My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally

Post by TracyB Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:54 am

Sweethearts. There's nothing like the innocence of youth.

Those conversations about boys were awkward for me. I lost my virginity at twelve to my aunt's boyfriend's 16 year old son. A lot of girls that age aren't talking about boys and when they are...it's in the puppy love stage.

I kept it from friends for awhile but when talking about it, it put the spotlight on me as they wanted to know what it's like and I didn't feel very comfortable talking about it at that point...which was probably a sign I was too young to be doing it in the first place.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally Empty Re: My best friend's death changed me and woman dies from snake bite, literally

Post by redpill Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:53 pm

12 sounds really young. did you know what was happening?

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:51 pm

It was really young. I was the youngest in my group of friends who did it and throughout my life, with abuse being the exception, I've only known one girl who lost her virginity at that age.

It was really weird. I acted too quickly on the new emotions I was feeling. I read about it years ago and some people hit puberty in 'overdrive'. I don't want to call it hyper-sexual as that makes me sound like a nymphomaniac. I wasn't. I had already been thinking about sex to a degree when I was 10-11 but like many, its a much more 'innocent' type of thought.

I think it boiled down to perfect timing. Just as those thoughts were going haywire, I meet him. He moved in with my aunt and her boyfriend. I had an instant crush...and he detected it. It started with me going in his room to play video games. We'd sit there sometimes for hours.

I've told you how my family is very liberal when it comes to this stuff. My mom basically let me do whatever I wanted. Looking back on all this, my feelings are a bit different....

Under no circumstances whatsoever should a 12 year old girl be allowed to hang out in a 16 year old's bedroom for hours on end and with the door closed. I've mentioned a couple younger cousins who I love very much and help out. It is a frightening thought to imagine her having sex in similar circumstances. Its funny how when we're a kid we don't imagine ourselves being so little and young. I can look back now and of course see other 12 year olds and you're not ready at that age.....experimenting with boys the same age? maybe......actual sex with a high school junior? NO.

did you know what was happening?

It was a surreal experience....and it took awhile to get used to it.

I knew the basics about sex of course....but that was it. I didn't realize how simple yet incredibly complex it is and the emotions that it creates.

What happened was after crushing on him for a few weeks or so, I rode my bike over to their house one day. He was there alone...my aunt and her boyfriend were at work. I pulled up and him and his friend were outside talking. His friend quickly left and me and him talked for awhile and then went in the house. We went to his room to play video games and when he sat down, I kissed him and told him I loved him. He wasted no time. he kissed me back, told me he loved me too, and pulled my shirt off. Pulled his pants off which both frightened and excited me.

After oral play and talking, he took my virginity which hurt like hell. I was in over my head but didn't realize it. I wasn't ready for full blown intercourse with a 16 year old.

While I don't regret it, I do wish I had saved that experience for a boy I liked in school.

I don't think kids should be having sex that young. You're not ready for the nuances of a relationship. I was with him all summer and it was too dramatic for a 12 year old. Arguing, making up, etc....it's not for kids.

I will say this about him.....major balls to make a move like that. I guess he figured since I made the first move, no chance of me telling anyone.

We never used condoms either....another sign I was too immature. He had other girlfriends before so I was putting myself at risk for STDs without realizing it. Had I got pregnant, it would've been a huge disaster.

Couple years ago I thought about confronting my aunt about how she simply looked the other way while that fling was going on. It's not her fault of course but like I said....young girls don't need to be allowed private access to teen guys.

I found out years later my mom knew what was going on but just let me make my own decisions and learn about life on my terms. This is probably why my aunt ignored it.

We were barely hiding it. It mostly happened while they were at work but sometimes I went over there later in the evening and it should've been obvious what we were doing.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm kinda scratching my head figuring out what to say.

typically if you start kindergarden at age 5, first grade age 6, second grade age 7, age 12 is usually sixth grade.

i'm not sure if my 6th grade classmates were having sex.
i know some of them started their period since i overheard them talking about it.

did your mom ever think 12 is too young?

are you still friends with him?

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:11 pm

I'll say another thing...being exposed to sex at that age changes your world view completely. You start looking at others and wondering if they're doing THAT.

It also gave me a unique skill/instinct....I could spot girls with older boys and be able to tell if they're having sex by how they interact. Its when I realized that I wasn't alone....and I still see it sometime to this day. A few months ago I was at the theater and saw a 10- 11 year old girl(MAYBE 12) with what looked to be a 17-18 year old guy. They might have been siblings, cousins, not sure. I watched them for a couple minutes at the concession stand and I pointed at them and told my friend, "those two are having sex." She gasped, thought I was overreacting, but I knew I was right.

They weren't doing anything wrong. He wasn't doing anything. It was how she was interacting with him that gave it away.

You posted right after I wrote that.

typically if you start kindergarden at age 5, first grade age 6, second grade age 7, age 12 is usually sixth grade.

Yeah it happened a couple weeks before sixth grade ended....and we spent that summer together.

i'm not sure if my 6th grade classmates were having sex.
Statistically speaking, it's a minority. Probably a half dozen at most in any school are experimenting at that age. An even smaller amount are actually having sex.

Its why I didn't want to talk about it with friends yet. I knew they weren't doing it yet.

did your mom ever think 12 is too young?
A few years later she said I probably should've waited for high school but wasn't going to intervene. She said it might make it worse and she had a point. On the other hand, she should've talked to me while it was happening.

Its a lot for a young girl to take in. I was mature for my age and very smart but like I said, its an emotional roller coaster at that age.

I also believe it had a huge impact on my relationships later in life.

are you still friends with him?

No.

I broke up with him in 7th grade and a year later, my aunt broke up with his dad. I saw him at a restaurant when I was 17 but I had no desire to start that fling again. No reason to. He was my first love and we had an amazing, bizarre experience together. It didn't need to go any further.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 pm

A few years later she said I probably should've waited for high school but wasn't going to intervene.

what if it was an adult man, or even an adult woman?

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Yeah....that's my issue with her being so liberal when it comes to my way too early sex life.

He was verging on an adult. He was tall, very mature even though he played video games a lot, he smoked dope, and intimidating to a degree.

I was playing with fire...literally. So many things could've went wrong.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:33 pm

do you think if your first sexual experience was a say a 16 year old girl, it would change you to become a lesbian or bi?

i happen to think females are much more flexible about this

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:36 pm

No.

I had boys on the brain once puberty kicked in and even if I had fooled around with a girl, it wouldn't have changed course.

Once I had sex with him, he was all I thought about for months.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:42 pm

so much for my theory LOL.

some of the women pedophiles i listed in my thread which i took from the news are lesbian pedophiles and targeted young girls. i wonder how they identified such girls as candidates.

of course, they got caught so, and ended up in the news.
i don't know what kind of sentencing they get, but it seems much milder than what male pedos get, which is a very lengthy prison sentence

were the young underage girls these women pedophiles had sex with bi, lesbian, curious, or possibly straight but sort of talked into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:04 am

TracyB wrote:It was really young. I was the youngest in my group of friends who did it and throughout my life, with abuse being the exception, I've only known one girl who lost her virginity at that age.

It was really weird. I acted too quickly on the new emotions I was feeling. I read about it years ago and some people hit puberty in 'overdrive'. I don't want to call it hyper-sexual as that makes me sound like a nymphomaniac. I wasn't. I had already been thinking about sex to a degree when I was 10-11 but like many, its a much more 'innocent' type of thought.

I think it boiled down to perfect timing. Just as those thoughts were going haywire, I meet him. He moved in with my aunt and her boyfriend. I had an instant crush...and he detected it. It started with me going in his room to play video games. We'd sit there sometimes for hours.

I've told you how my family is very liberal when it comes to this stuff. My mom basically let me do whatever I wanted. Looking back on all this, my feelings are a bit different....

It was a surreal experience....and it took awhile to get used to it.

I knew the basics about sex of course....but that was it. I didn't realize how simple yet incredibly complex it is and the emotions that it creates.

What happened was after crushing on him for a few weeks or so, I rode my bike over to their house one day. He was there alone...my aunt and her boyfriend were at work. I pulled up and him and his friend were outside talking. His friend quickly left and me and him talked for awhile and then went in the house. We went to his room to play video games and when he sat down, I kissed him and told him I loved him. He wasted no time. he kissed me back, told me he loved me too, and pulled my shirt off. Pulled his pants off which both frightened and excited me.

After oral play and talking, he took my virginity which hurt like hell. I was in over my head but didn't realize it. I wasn't ready for full blown intercourse with a 16 year old.

While I don't regret it, I do wish I had saved that experience for a boy I liked in school.

I don't think kids should be having sex that young. You're not ready for the nuances of a relationship. I was with him all summer and it was too dramatic for a 12 year old. Arguing, making up, etc....it's not for kids.

I will say this about him.....major balls to make a move like that. I guess he figured since I made the first move, no chance of me telling anyone.

We never used condoms either....another sign I was too immature. He had other girlfriends before so I was putting myself at risk for STDs without realizing it. Had I got pregnant, it would've been a huge disaster.

Couple years ago I thought about confronting my aunt about how she simply looked the other way while that fling was going on. It's not her fault of course but like I said....young girls don't need to be allowed private access to teen guys.

I found out years later my mom knew what was going on but just let me make my own decisions and learn about life on my terms. This is probably why my aunt ignored it.

We were barely hiding it. It mostly happened while they were at work but sometimes I went over there later in the evening and it should've been obvious what we were doing.

you're quite the early bird.

reading this i'm wondering what would have happened if i met you say at age 11, before you met him. santa

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:31 am

I have a bit of insomnia. Its not constant (thank God!) and its plagued me off and on since college. I think its due to my past drug use and not a legitimate disorder. Its why it flared up in college.

I'm taking the day off work. In about an hour I'm gonna go get breakfast and then crash for a few hours after that.

i'm wondering what would have happened if i met you say at age 11

Funny how some guys say this after finding that out.

Its when I realized how lucky he probably felt. Its not an every day thing getting to fool around with a girl that age. It was probably like winning the lottery to him.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am

I think its due to my past drug use and not a legitimate disorder. Its why it flared up in college.

I'm taking the day off work. In about an hour I'm gonna go get breakfast and then crash for a few hours after that.

sleep is good

Funny how some guys say this after finding that out.

Its when I realized how lucky he probably felt. Its not an every day thing getting to fool around with a girl that age. It was probably like winning the lottery to him

yeah i would say Embarassed do u also feel u won the lottery with him?

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:00 pm

do u also feel u won the lottery with him?

No...but having said that....that whole situation could've been ten times worse under different circumstances.

He was selfish...but at the same time likeable. Manipulative but knew how to ride the waves of my immaturity. On the other hand, a drama queen and he was really rolling the dice in that regard. It is typical in teen relationships for fighting, making up, etc. and some types get off on this. He was one of them.

It wasn't a typical relationship though obviously yet he still did this. He was running the risk of getting caught and I've wondered if he got a certain 'high' off this risk. He was also running the risk of me breaking up with him for good. Like I said, it was very manipulative.

I was very confused and this tug of war is a big reason why most young girls aren't ready for this. The mixed signals are insane. Go over there, have intense sex, he gets pissed off over nothing, run home crying, call him, then run back over there for more sex.

Emotional overload.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:42 pm

I'll say another thing about being too young to process it....

The final breakup. No 12 year old should have to experience a breakup at this level. You're not ready for it yet. Most 12 year olds breakup with "boyfriends" during recess and all they've done in their relationship is hold hands.

We broke up all the time but it was just a cycle. We were always back together that day or the next day. Those weren't breakups....they fueled our crazy relationship.

One evening I went over there and a girl(his age) was there visiting him. It was the worst feeling in the world. My soul was crushed. I was in shock. I knew he was doing to her what he was doing to me. I ran out of there as fast as I could. Everyone in the house had to know why I did that and I have no idea how he explained that situation to her. It was probably very uncomfortable for my aunt too.

I cried for hours. He called me but I wasn't giving in. I told him I never wanted to see him again and I meant it. He kept trying to call but I blocked him. I know he thought I would just come running back the next day and I'll admit now...it was tempting. Losing him was like the end of the world. I didn't give in though. I couldn't get the two of them out of my head.

He came over two days later. He never came to my house but he knew he was losing me. He wanted to come in but even at 12, I was smart enough to realize I'd take him back if he got through the door. I wanted him out of my face. I started crying and then he started in with how much he loves me, he didn't do anything with her, etc. I wasn't buying any of it. I told him if he didn't leave me alone I was gonna tell my mom. I hated to do that as I had always told him I'd never tell anyone but I was at my limit. He grabbed my bike, threw it across the yard, called me a little bitch, and walked away. It was finally over.

I was depressed for weeks. I wanted him so badly but couldn't get over the betrayal.

12 year olds should not be experiencing that.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:07 pm

I would have handled things differently

reading your thoughts i recommend this song and mv

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:27 am

Amazing.

God the 90s were so amazing.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:56 am

TracyB wrote:Amazing.

God the 90s were so amazing.

I'd thought you'd like it.

if at age 12 you'd met me instead of him, I'd want you to show you this

beyond the invisible

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 am

I need to check out more of their stuff. I'd heard the Return to Innocence song before.

I always wondered what it would've been like to be a teen/adult in the 90s. It was the last great decade.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 am

TracyB wrote:I need to check out more of their stuff. I'd heard the Return to Innocence song before.

I always wondered what it would've been like to be a teen/adult in the 90s. It was the last great decade.

your struggles reminds me of the girl in the beginning of that video beyond the invisible

i guess it depends on what kind of music you like.

i get the impression you're into heavy metal

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:18 am

in sports you missed out on Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:03 am

I watched sports but was a kid of course. Not the same. I would've liked to go to more amusement parks at the time since many of them started changing late 90s to early 2000s when I started going.

Yeah I'm into hard rock/heavy metal. GNR are good. Soundgarden is my favorite.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by redpill Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:53 am

i can tell Very Happy there's a couple of songs from soundgarden i like.

when i read your experience losing your virginity and what you say here

tracyb wrote:I cried for hours. He called me but I wasn't giving in.

all i can think of is this song

Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling

and madonna's like a virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by TracyB Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Great song. I prefer Chris Cornell's version.

TracyB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next