The Unsolved Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My thoughts on Joe Biden as president

Go down

My thoughts on Joe Biden as president Empty My thoughts on Joe Biden as president

Post by redpill Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:42 am

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:25 am

so Joe Biden was sworn in as president yesterday.

the oldest president i remember as a child was Jimmy Carter, then Reagan.
I thought presidents and kings were similar terms.

in truth I've not noticed any personal difference in my life depending on the President, and I'm not fanatical about any major issue like abortion or gun control atm.

I am well aware that republican presidents are a threat to abortion rights, and democratic presidents to gun control. so their policies may affect

IMO Trump was a victim of COVID, and also a very hostile media. prior to COVID, trump had record low unemployment and high economic growth. what a difference a year of COVID can make.

I suspect that with now a COVID vaccine, COVID may go away, though i plan to continue using a mask, since last fall and thus far this spring i've not had a respiratory illness like i did this time last year in 2020.

with COVID out of the picture, i suspect the economy will rebound and Biden will take the credit and easily sail to reelection. anything can happen such as a new virus, a COVID mutation, or even something more dramatic like an asteroid strike.

my feelings are mixed, in that i moved from a state run by democrats with high taxes and crumbling infrastructure. i've heard that my state is among the top 5 in exodus, and it is governed by democrats. i also know many bible belt states are dominated by republicans and on the bottom of many measures of quality of life.

on the other hand, i've heard trump wants to cut social security to pay for tax cuts for the super wealthy like him and his buddies, and as my mom relies on this, i cannot support this.

really the big change in my day to day life is that by wearing a mask and everyone else wearing one to, i have NOT had a flu this season which makes me miserable and sad and bedridden. i kinda hope this becomes permanent, not just me wearing a mask but everyone else.

i secretly rooting for COVID to mutate to evade vaccines so that the government can continue to require everyone to wear masks everywhere, so i don't have to suffer a respiratory illness again.

for me COVID is a blessing in disguise in that i'm not suffering from the flu or cold this season.

i imagine with Joe BIden as president taxes may go up for the rich and middle class, corporations will pay taxes, abortion rights are secured, the fawning media will praise Biden's every decision in stark contrast with how the media presented Trump, and boys who identify as girls will be allowed to use the girls bathroom and locker rooms and signed into law.

there may well be more far right extremism against Biden and his agenda. if another george floyd type incident occurs, i imagine the media and Biden response would differ dramatically

for me personally i doubt i'll notice any difference on any personal level.

so we have a democratic president, house and senate

my concern in the long run is the entire USA turning into a California, Illinois or New York with democratic policies.

obviously one wild card is the COVID pandemic, if a new mutant strain kills and continues to kill, that could derail the democrats dominance Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down